March 31, 2008

Dinner At Ruby Tuesday

We decided to try something new yesterday, so instead of going to our usual places to eat our meals, we decided to check out other restaurant nearby. We passed by Ruby Tuesday restaurant quite often on a busy street, so we decided to check out their food yesterday. As far as I can recall, we never been to their restaurant before, so we had no idea regarding their menus.

I ordered Asian Salmon and my hubby ordered hamburger with french fries. My order came with steamed brocolli, buttered toasted bread, fried rice with diced fresh tomatoes and the big chunk of salmon meat! I love to eat fish so I find everything great with what I had in my plate. I finished everything except a little leftover on the bread.

Normally, we dont go to little bit of expensive restaurants quite often because like many people nowadays, we are in a budget. Specially with how the economy is doing right now, we usually cook and prepare most of our meals at home! But it is definitely worth to experiment and try out new places youve never been before to widen our horizon and nothing get stagnant. Specially that when it comes to ordering food in our favorite restaurants, I always tend to order the same menu over and over, which is fine knowing that I will have no suprises ahead of me like I will not like the food and have it wasted, but on the other hand, I have no way of knowing what other great surprises awaits other recipes, like a totally pleasant dinner we had last night. We were definitely full and satisfied walking out of the restaurant, and it was definitely worth it.

4 comments:

Raft3r said...

trying out new restos is also one of my fave pasttimes
magastos nga lang
but just like you
sometimes mas ok na yun yun tried and tested
di mo na kelangan isipin pa what to order
yun at yun na lang
hehe

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean.

Things have changed so much dramatically in the last three years.

We went out to eat last night at a buffet restaurant that used to be around $6.50 for each buffet. Last night, for each buffet and drink was almost $11.00. It makes it unreasonable to go out to eat anymore.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

@April:
thats almost double the price!
we refueled today and paid $3.60 per gallon of regular unleaded, i remember just few years ago when gas was on the line of ones not threes per gallon.

Anonymous said...

@raft3r:
i also call it the usual favorite thingy

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Google